Bring more spa into your life with these five expert tips.
Lia Rowland is the spa director at the The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North. Here, she shares tips on how to incorporate some rest and relaxation into our lives on a regular basis.
- Deep breathing – Never underestimate the power of deep breathing, and of taking just five minutes to reframe your mind. A simple walk in the middle of the day can bring new energy to the remainder of your daily tasks at hand.
- Daily yoga – Start each day with simple stretches, awakening the mind and body. You don’t need to practice elaborate poses, or use extensive equipment. Simply do what feels good!
- Aromatherapy – Find the scents that appeal to you, and use them to awaken, relax, calm or inspire. Lemongrass is a typically invigorating scent, while neroli is calming and great for anxiety. Lavender is thought to improve sleep. There is no perfect scent – find what works for you!
- Simple at-home spa – Honey is a wonderful, powerful hydrating ingredient, found in every grocery store. Mix equal parts honey and salt for a mild exfoliant for the body, or sub sugar for the face. Olive oil is wonderful for hydrating and conditioning nails and hands.
- Ambiance – Much of the spa experience comes from the setting, and the calming music and lighting. Take this same approach to your soothing “spa” space, and find a place in your home or office that you can outfit with soft lighting and soothing music. Buy a comfy robe and spa slippers, even flowers if you want. These small touches can help transport you from your “regular” life into the spa mentality.
For more home spa inspirations, visit our DIY beauty lab.
Great tips, I try to incorporate many of them daily too.