Harness the healing power of touch with these quick at-home massage tips!
The spa experts at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North know how to make a girl forget about life's stress. Here, they share their tips on how to give a good at-home massage.
- Always use oil or lotion when massaging!
- Never straddle over the low back of your partner. This creates an involuntary response of tightening, which makes it difficult for your "patient" to relax.
- In the case of massage therapy, your pinky is useless. Yes, it's true. You should only use your first three fingers, the heel of your hand, and your thumb.
- The power in your massage actually comes from your legs, hips and upper body. So put some oomph into it!
- Keep the lines of communication open and be receptive to your partner's feedback.
- The art of massage is all about balance. So, anything you to do one side, you should do to the other.
- Start by focusing on the 3 areas people carry stress most, which are the neck, shoulders and back.
More at-home massage tips: