Say goodbye to dry skin by ditching that clich plastic bottle of lotion and trying these lotion bars! Use this easy recipe to make a special homemade gift or for yourself!
Here’s what you need:
- 4 ounces kokum (or mango or shea butter)
- 4 ounces beeswax (refined beads in yellow or white)
- 4 or 5 ounces liquid vegetable oil such as jojoba or sunflower
- 2 to 4 teaspoons essential or fragrance oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba wax spheres
Here’s what you do:
Melt butter, pour into 16-ounce Pyrex measuring cup and add beeswax and colored jojoba. Melt in microwave. Add liquid vegetable oil, using 4 ounces for a hard bar, or 5 ounces for a softer bar. Mix thoroughly and add essential oil or fragrance oil when mixture has cooled slightly. Pour into small soap molds. Pop out when cool, about two hours. For best results, put in refrigerator for a few minutes before popping out of mold.
Got a comment? Share your thoughts!