In need of a hairstyle refresh but not sure what to do? We’ve asked Mitch Stone, creator of Mitch Stone Essentials and hairstylist to the stars, for his favorite fall hair trends. And as the tress-tamer to starlets like Jennifer Lopez and Brooke Burke, the guy really knows his stuff!
Here are his go-to hair trends for fall:
- Perfect Ponies: Styled low or high. Smooth, sleek, or full. With a side part or no part. Pony tails are always in and always easy when you’re on-the-go.
- “Messy” Styles: This is the new take on the hippie-chic look. Add a braid or curl one piece for added dimension.
- Unkempt Up-dos: Get a wind-swept look with a lot of texture. Twist up sections, add dimension with product and tools in a few spots, then pin it up section by section. Just don’t make it look too styled.
- Hair Flair: Pretty clips or headbands will dress up any look.
- Sleek and Sexy: Shiny hair that moves is ultra glamorous. Add a gloss product for the final touch.
- The Wet Look: Yes, that’s right. Use a leave-in conditioner or even coconut oil for the style, which was seen all over the runways this year.