October marks the return of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You know what that means, right? It’s time to do what we can to support a cause that touches the lives of so many. And if that means going to a spa, so be it!
Visit any one of these Arizona spas to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Through November 30, 2011, indulge in a Power of Pink treatments and a percentage of proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- 60-minute Pink Massage, $159: It’s a therapeutic massage provided in Willow Stream’s “Power of Pink” room complete with pink walls painted in the official Komen for the Cure colors, along with pink blankets provided by Komen and a pink ribbon plaque with inspirational phrases.
- 60-minute Pink Pedicure, $89: We love the decadent pomegranate sugar scrub because it uses the whimsical pink Whish product line and toes can even be topped off with OPI’s pink polish.
- Tickle Me Pink Package, $199: Combine the best of both worlds with the massage and pedicure!
Mark your calendars for Monday, November 14! Willow Stream is hosting a “Hooray for the 3-Day” event with specials to celebrate participants, friends and supporters of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day walk. Pink balloons, pink cookies and pink lemonade will add to the festivities with a portion of Pink treatments benefitting Komen.
Call Willow Stream at 480.585.4848 for details or to schedule a service.
Narande Spa at The Buttes Resort, Tempe
Through October 31, head to Narande for a pink treatment that benefits Susan G. Komen.
- 50-minute Pink Grapefruit Sugar Scrub, $109 (Reg. $125): This invigorating exfoliation scrub includes a variety of essential oils that bring about tranquility and vitality. The service also includes a gentle shower and application of moisturizing lotion.
- Narande Pink Grapefruit Pedicure, $49 (Reg. $90): The special pedi includes a warm paraffin wax, mud mask and exfoliating foot treatment.
Call Narande at 602.431.2357 to book a treatment.
Agave, The Arizona Spa at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale
Agave and FORE-MAX Fitness are commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness month by donating 10 percent of proceeds from the following treatments to Susan G. Komen.
- 50-minute Pink Facial, $159: A customized facial that uses a repairing, refining or firming serum chosen specifically for your skin care needs.
- 50-minute Wellness Massage, $149: An exclusive therapy is designed to support and nourish the “whole” person by reconnecting the mind, body, and spirit.
- 50-minute Flower Essence Pedicure, $89: The unique pedicure incorporates organic flower elixirs and natural perfumes to enhance clarity, peace and happiness.
- 50-minute Acupuncture, $129: Re-balance the disharmony of your body and enhance the body’s innate ability to restore itself to full health.
- Power of Pink Program through FORE-MAX Fitness Training is $295 (Reg. $400): For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, women get eight Power in Pink Fitness Sessions focusing on enhanced functional capacity, greater muscle strength, increased flexibility and balance, less fatigue, improved sleep and an overall enhanced sense of well-being.
Call Agave at 480.624.1500 for more info or to book a service.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dove Mountain, Tucson
Through November 5, 2011, The Ritz-Carlton is offering the 50-minute Look Good Feel Better Facial for $175, with proceeds going to Look Good…Feel Better, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. In partnership with Clarisonic and Skin Authority Skin Care, for every facial performed, $15 will go to the foundation.
Call the spa at 520.572.3000 to book the facial.
For more about Breast Cancer Awareness Month and what you can do to support the cause, visit nbcam.org.