Everything you need to know to host a home spa holiday party!
In between your jaunts through the mall and mad dashes to the store, stop and allow yourself to have a little fun with the girls! Invite the gals over to celebrate another year well done! Consider this get-together as one big, communal yawn and keep in mind that it’s all about letting go, reconnecting with friends during the bustling holiday season and having fun (so no stressing about throwing the perfect party)! Remind the gals to bring along their spa robes and slippers or flip-flops and don’t forget the cocoa and whipped cream! (And yes, for the record, we apologize for the cornier-than-thou party name but darn it, it’s cute and the girls will love it!)
Invite the girls to your holiday gathering with an online invitation or dab handwritten notes with lavender essential oil (also great for dabbing on your spa party towels) or spritz them with a holiday spiced home fragrance spray.
Gather the ingredients for your home spa treatments ahead of time and mix them up on the fly as part of the fun.
- Mindless Mint Soak
- I Am Radiant Sugar Glow
- Sunny’s Tired Tootsies Remedy
- Sunny Side Hand (and Foot) Conditioner
Have plenty of towels and washcloths handy. If you have time, roll up white hand towels spa-style, tuck each with a fresh sprig of herbs (like peppermint or rosemary) and tie with a raffia ribbon. And if you don’t feel like messing up your kitchen with homemade hand and tootsie treats, you’re allowed one free pass to the holiday sales for marked-down lotions and potions. But no dillydallying (okay, okay, a little sale grazing never hurt anyone)!
For a special touch, prepare a batch of mini cookies. Place two or three cookies inside small jewelry-sized boxes, write each of your guests’ names on a box and tie boxes with leftover holiday ribbons. Arrange these pretty little packages around the food table for a cheap but festive decoration. (Just so ya know, we’ve been known to buy already-made chocolates and do this same little trick.)
- Holiday Pomtinis
- The Golden Door Spa’s Butternut Squash Soup
- Goat Cheese and Mint Bruschetta
- Cal-a-Vie Turkey Cheeseburgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise (made mini-sized)
- Spago’s Hazelnut Brittle
- Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Ella Fitzgerald’s Christmas
- Wintersong, Sarah McLachlan
- Charlie Brown’s Holiday Hits, Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Harry For The Holidays, Harry Connick Jr.
- Christmas with Dino, Dean Martin
Over hot cocoa, have each guest answer two of the following questions:
- What were your most fabulous blunders of the year?
- Your proudest accomplishments of the year?
- Have you changed this year and if so, how?
- What three things are you most grateful for?
- Who do you admire and why?
- Which actor would play you in the movie about your life?
- What New Year’s goals (no saying the “R” word … resolutions shmezalutions!) do you have?
Thank your guests for coming with a batch of homemade Canyon Ranch chocolate-chip cookies wrapped in a tin and tied with a pretty bow. Print out the recipe and slip it under the ribbon so your guests will be inspired to start the new year with a healthy attitude.
Got a comment? Share your thoughts!